Recent Hardcore Show Images

I recently read Screaming Life by Charles Peterson and had a revelation about the concerts that I have been shooting here in Lethbridge. Charles in his foreword describes how he considers traditional photographer’s when doing shows. He references many greats such as Gary Winogrand and Robert Frank and how they contributed to the photos he was making. I had never considered the photos I was making for these shows art until I read this book and it totally changed my outlook on this type of photography. This most recent show I focused on the people and space and how they interact with one another. In the past I was caught up in the bands and how could I make them look cool. I traded this idea with caring more about the documentation element of these shows and how I could visually describe the culture at these events.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography Book Proposal: The Road To LA

Projection Research: Avant Garde Horror